[ale] I've hit a rough wall, installin' Smoothwall :-)

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Mon Dec 22 10:18:03 EST 2008

Courtney Thomas wrote:
> Geoffrey,
>
> How'd you turn off NAT on your Linksys router ?

This is a WRT300N and from the web interface:

Setup->advanced routing

There is a option to disable NAT.

> Also, how do you know a given machine is accessing the web under the aegis
> of the wireless router
> rather than directly browsing the web through the router  ?

I'm not sure I understand the question.  In my situation, everything has
to eventually go through smoothwall.  I do not rely on any security
within the wireless router from the perspective of my internal network.

> Thank you,
>
> Courtney

Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin