[ale] No module named xdg.BaseDirectory

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 10:05:21 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm curious... what kind of questions should we ask?  Is the rule of thumb
that you contact the project first, wait a couple days (if necessary) and
then take your questions to the LUG?  I'm having a problem loading Gwibber.
It used to work just fine, but I guess there have been some conflicting
updates with Fedora 10 that's now causing it to not load.  I get this error
when I try and load it.

[marc at unicron ~]$ gwibber
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/gwibber", line 22, in <module>
    from gwibber.client import GwibberClient
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gwibber/client.py", line 12, in
<module>
    import xdg.BaseDirectory, resources
ImportError: No module named xdg.BaseDirectory
[marc at unicron ~]$ rpm -aq gwibber
gwibber-0.7.2-1.156bzr.fc10.noarch
[marc at unicron ~]$

I've asked a question on Launchpad too, just in case.
https://answers.launchpad.net/gwibber/+question/55179

--
Marc F.

"..Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come.."
-Rev1:4
"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide!" -Marc F.