[ale] [OT] Brick Store Pub

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Mon Dec 15 13:54:22 EST 2008

George Carless wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Do you have the link to the ratings of pubs on beeradvocate?
>
> As a Brit, who therefore comes from somewhere where there's at least one
> pub in every tiny village, I'm not certain about the "second best in the
> world" rating, but brick store is indeed a great place (although it's a
> shame that the food isn't better--their excellent pretzels
> notwithstanding).
>
> Cheers,
> George

George, now don't take me wrong, but isn't that a bit like the pot
calling the kettle black?  I quote Jaques Chirac "One cannot trust
people whose cuisine is so bad,..." when joking about the food in the
UK.  ;)  It's the first thing that guy ever said that I agreed with.
Thank god there are Indian and Chinese restaurants  in the UK or I'd
have never been able to go back.  I did like a fish pie I got in a small
village in the lake district but that was the exception.  Oh and once in
a while the fish and chips were tolerable.  ;)  But to make up for it, I
agree the local brews were for the most part outstanding.  Never a bad
one.  At least until I decided to try some brand I never heard of and
got cider instead of beer.  A bit of a shock, that.

Enjoyed my time in the UK, food not included.

Jim.