[ale] shell question

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Mon Dec 15 11:49:30 EST 2008

Jim Lynch wrote:
> Geoffrey wrote:
>> Jim Kinney wrote:
>>
>>> Shell?!? You slackers use a shell? Once you learn hex, you only need 17
>>> keys...
>>>
>> hex?  You use hex?  Once you learn binary, you only need two keys...
>>

> I think you'd still need a third key or button named "Run".

Nah.  You just need an escape convention.  I suggest:

0 = "run"
1 = escape digit (makes the next digit literal)

The first program you'd probably want to write would be
an LZW compressor...

-- JK

--
I do not particularly want to go where the money is -
  it usually does not smell nice there. -- A. Stepanov