[ale] [OT] Brick Store Pub

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 11:28:07 EST 2008

I received notice today that Beer Advocate has voted the Brick Store Pub in
Decatur as the #2 beer pub in the world!

Alas, they are closing early today (3 pm) for well deserved employee holiday
bash. They will reopen tomorrow at 4 pm to allow employee recovery time.
Sounds like a party!

To ALE folks who like beer, I can't recommend a visit to "the Brick"
strongly enough. For the ALE folks not within 50 miles of Atlanta, with the
new world status, it may be worth a visit :-)

http://www.brickstorepub.com

Note: On a previous visit I got into a conversation with one of the
wonderful people working the bar. She was amazingly knowledgeable about the
brewing process and could identify the brewer of specific beers from
5Seasons (also HIGHLY recommended - gourmet food and the local brews are
outstanding).

http://www.5seasonsbrewing.com

So for folks looking to "do something" over the holidays, my suggestions
have been made.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliations with location other than I've attended
both locations as often as possible and been entertained by Dennis dancing
on the tables at Octoberfest at 5Seasons.
James P. Kinney III