[ale] a specter is haunting our school systems!

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Thu Dec 11 11:13:58 EST 2008

Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 09:13, Jeff Lightner <jlightner at water.com> wrote:
>> This country spends more on education per capita than almost any other yet
>> our standing in mathematics and science continue to slip.
>
> Since statistics can be spun... let's try and put them into daily perspective.
>
> What does a teacher in the USA spend per day on
> food/housing/transportation compared to a teacher elsewhere?

I'll take a different spin on this.  How many of you purchase your own
supplies for your job?  Who do you think keeps stores like the School
Box in business?  Who spends their own personal money there?  It's not
the school system.  It's the teachers.

I was utterly amazed when I learned that virtually everything you see a
teacher put on the wall in their classroom is purchased by their own
personal money.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin