[ale] ldap and Samba

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Tue Dec 9 09:21:48 EST 2008

hbbs at comcast.net wrote:
> It's covered quite solidly in
> http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba3-ByExample.pdf.  It's been a
> fixture on one of my KDE screens for at least a couple of weeks.

Ouch, quite a lengthy document.  So a couple of quick questions if you
don't mind.  Here is what we are trying to accomplish:

We will have a Samba server that a Windows 2003 server will access
shares for users.  We want users logging into the windows server via
rdesktop to authenticate via ldap.  Access to the Samba server should
authenticate via ldap as well.  Bottom line, single sign in for all
services.

Also, is it possible to do this without making the Samba server a PDC?

Thanks for any insight..

> - Jeff
>

> -------------- Original message ---------------------- From: Geoffrey
> <lists at serioustechnology.com>
>> Hey folks, I'm looking for pointers on ldap authentication for a
>> Samba server.  Anyone done this?
>>
>> -- Until later, Geoffrey
>>
>> Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little
>> temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin

Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin