[ale] Database consulting in return for homebrew?

Sid Lane jakes.dad at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 18:04:07 EST 2008

when I joined in '91 homebrewing was still illegal in GA (being the
enlightened, non-corrupt state that we are).  there was a guy (forget his
name) who was an club officer at the time (one of the founders/president, I
believe) who was a Dr (MD) in the Navy at the time at the NAS who, had he
ever been "busted" for his extra-curricular activities would have been in
deep shtuff w/the Navy.  according to him they didn't care about people
brewing (off-base) but frowned on officers getting arrested by local
authorities no matter how idiotic the law.

hence the club's name:  "Covert Hops"  :D