[ale] OT: Songbird rocks!

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Wed Dec 3 12:28:23 EST 2008

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Wed December 3 2008, Scott Castaline wrote:
>> Which version rhythmbox are you using? I have 0.11.6 and you can sort by
>> any column you have set to view. I can sort by date, personal ratings,
>> artist, album title, even genre. Just click on the column header and
>> everything will get sorted by that column like in nautilus.
>
> having no songs in my rythmbox database, it is hard to visualize what isn't
> there, but I think I see what you mean. I had been using Banshee mostly, but
> now, since I did import all my TUNES into songbird, I think I'll play with it
> for a while..

I had ripped all of my CD's, according to Rhythmbox, my CD library is
73.3 GB and would take 11 days, 10 hours and 22 minutes of non-stop play
time. Now I plan to add in my Vinyl collection which is at least 10
times my CD collection. Unfortunately, my old Sony turntable died, it
does not maintain it's speed, and I had just put in a new cartridge and
stylus. :^(