[ale] network lag?

deritchie at earthlink.net deritchie at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 30 22:50:49 EDT 2008

make certain you have turned off ipv6 DNS resolution if you are running Firefox.
"about:config" and the search for "ipv6" and then toggle the value of
network.dns.disableIPv6 to true from false (discovered this one day while
using wireshark to trace network traffic and saw IPV6 queries going out -
this fixes a large number of delays.) You will typically see a multi-second
pause when initially resolving DNS because the IPV6 query occurs first,
times out, and the IPV4 query occurs and succeeds (usually)...

-- Dave Ritchie