[ale] Don't laugh, I need a POTS 8 port terminal server

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Fri Aug 29 16:42:58 EDT 2008

   I have to set something up like I did it in 1994...
   using Livingston Portmasters or such. It's going outside the USA
   for a private dial-up network for a utility company. No DSL, T1, PRI's
   or such available.... "Pots" lines..  Plain Old Telephone Service.

   They'll be using Linux systems with modems doing standard PPP
   dial-up.. and I know I could use an 8 Port rocketmodem
   on a Linux box, but honestly I'd rather use something
   purpose built that supports radius and such..
   Like a Livingston Portmaster used to..

   Anyone had any experience in this area with some currently available new
   equipment?