[ale] Top open source tools for multimedia web page development

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 17:12:39 EDT 2008

Bluefish. It is an html editing environment. Requires knowledge of HTML, CSS
and how to tag multimedia content. All of that is available in books. The
few others that "do it for you" in the opensource world are either broken
enough to be useless or just create crap. OpenOffice HTML output is horrid.

Bear in mind, comparing any OS tool up to Adobe web generating products is
not fair. Adobe writes their tools for art people who don't know, and don't
want to know, anything about how the web formats actually works.
"Have Adobe? Thinking not required."

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Daniel Howard <dhhoward at comcast.net> wrote:

> For an artistic adult who is smart, but not necessary technically
> inclined, what would the best open source tools to learn to be able to
> do slick, hip multimedia web pages that integrate audio, video, blogs,
> and even aggregate data on what's hot in a specific genre of music/film?
>    I think a steep learning curve is OK in this case, as long as there
> are good books/tutorials available for it.
>
> Thanks, Daniel
>
> --
> Daniel Howard
> President and CEO
> Georgia Open Source Education Foundation

James P. Kinney III