[ale] Top things to know to master Linux?

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Wed Aug 27 09:34:56 EDT 2008

2008/8/27 JK <jknapka at kneuro.net>:
> Ed Cashin wrote:
>> I'd like to give an abstract answer to "what to study?"  It
>> is subjective.
>>
>> To "master" Linux means to be able to quickly respond
>> to any need by locating resources, assimilating them,
>> designing a solution to the specific problem, and implementing
>> it.
>

> Hey, man!  You forgot "man".  Learning how to learn is the
> most important step toward mastery (implied by the para above).

Yeah, my text is spotty.  It gets specific enough to mention
bash but not specific enough to mention "man".  Another one
to learn to use is texinfo.  Ooh.  Another is your package manager.
If you can list the files in a package, you can see where it installed
the documentation.

--
 Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>