[ale] Timeclock solution

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Aug 26 16:22:04 EDT 2008

We're using Kaba right now - its DB and app are on HP-UX but it has a
web server on M$ Windoze - they've claimed that newer releases will be
Apache based so can run on Unix but we haven't gone there yet.  I'm not
recommending them just yet - we've had a lot of startup pains including
the fact they can't run in cluster environments (or at least used that
as their excuse for problems until we turned off the clusters at which
point they actually had to work on issues).

I was under the impression that Kronos would run on various platforms
but for all I know they're out of business - we're running a legacy
system on AS400 with Kronos but years ago I ran Kronos on DOS PC.