[ale] OT: GT on ESPN360.com, but not via Comcast. ;(

Byron Jeff byronjeff at clayton.edu
Tue Aug 26 09:01:52 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 09:17:56PM -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
> Greg Freemyer wrote:
> > Ok tech fans,  (ie.  That includes both Ga Tech fans and Technology fans!!)
> >
> > The GT game Thursday is on ESPN360.com.  (Yes its a website, not a tv channel.)
> >
> > I'm not familiar with it, but apparently the ISP is supposed to
> > subscribe and then let end-users watch for free.
> >
> > Comcast does not subscribe, so I can't watch the game?
> >
> > I assume someone has figured out a way around this?
>
> You're probably wasting your time as I see a good news/bad news message
> when I go to that page:
>
> The good news:
>

> Congratulations! Your high speed internet service provider, AT&T,
> carries ESPN360.com.
>
> The bad news:
>
> Windows 2000/XP/Vista - Internet Explorer, Firefox
> Mac - Firefox, Safari

Google is of course your friend. ESPN360.com uses the Move Networks player.
The player works with Windows Firefox under Wine. A 30 second tutorial can
be found here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=679165&highlight=abc.com+streaming

Thanks for the other post showing that .edus can get it. I'll see about
using ssh to forward packets.

BAJ