[ale] Redhat and Fedora servers compromised

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Aug 22 22:57:13 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 18:17 -0700, hscast at charter.net wrote:
> Anyway any opinions on ASUS?

I've had a few, and can't remember that I have had any issues with them.
My current board I have been pretty happy with, though:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157124

Have an AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core CPU, and 8 GB of RAM on it, and
on-board NVIDIA graphics.  I did, however, buy an add-in sound board,
because I have 5.1 surround speakers, and the on-board sound is just
standard two-channel sound... and I wanted all 6 channels.  :-)

I've been running Ubuntu 64-bit on here since I bought it, and have been
very happy (aside from the small issue with not being able to run
certain types of Java applets).

	--- Mike

--
My sigfile ran away and is on hiatus.