[ale] Fedora 9 64 bit

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Thu Aug 21 20:19:45 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 06:47:46PM -0500, Denny Chambers wrote:
> I have been using 64 bit for Fedora 8 for a while. It installs the
> ndiswrapper libraries to wrap 32 bit plugins. The only plugin not
> support is Java that I know of. flash, mplayer, and acrobat all work
> fine.

I've been using Fedora x86_64 on my laptop since FC4.  It had some
teething problems, but that was more due to chipset/ACPI/kernel bugs
than anything else.  Since the FC7 days everything has JustWorked.

Fedora 9 includes a 64-bit java plugin.  You'll have to jump through
some hoops if you want to use the official 32-bit binary flash plugin, but
the Free plugins work fine for most things.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy        		       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Melbourne, FL                          ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^