[ale] Removing unwanted tasks from SuSE/KDE desktop startup

Vindy vindir at comcast.net
Wed Aug 20 18:55:26 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 16:29 -0400, John Mills wrote:
> >> Following my thread on VNC window management and pagers, I started a
> >> 'tightVnx' window with 'fvwm2'. It looked fine and I left it running. Now
> >> when I log in to my native SuSE-10.1/KDE desktop on that same machine I
> >> see vestiges of the VNC session: an extra console and a 'desktop pager'.

Sorry if this was covered earlier, I've only been following loosely.
Have you considered trying the nx server/client from nomachine.com?
Free for single user use and smokes vnc in speed.  More importantly, you
won't run into a tenth of the hassle in setup that is found with the vnc
variants on ubuntu.