[ale] Removing unwanted tasks from SuSE/KDE desktop startup

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Wed Aug 20 09:25:57 EDT 2008

ALErs -

Following my thread on VNC window management and pagers, I started a
'tightVnx' window with 'fvwm2'. It looked fine and I left it running. Now
when I log in to my native SuSE-10.1/KDE desktop on that same machine I
see vestiges of the VNC session: an extra console and a 'desktop pager'.

Just what I wanted on the VNC screen, but strange and not very
welcoming when sprung on me on 'X0'.

These artifacts have survived multiple logins and one restart!

How can I set or reset what particular apps run when I start my local
X11 session? I would like to keep most of my present setup, but I could
launder it and start over if necessary.

TIA.

  - Mills