[ale] Sound problems

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Tue Aug 19 20:34:17 EDT 2008

Does anyone have any idea on a possible fix for the Realtek ALC889A
codec? My current F 9 install apparently must have issues with the
driver(s). The sounds this thing projects are like the sound effects
from a really bad scifi flick from the 50's. What is supposed to be a
click is a ring playing through a fuzzbox on an old stratocaster, with a
little wow to it. I see lots of posts about related problems with these
chips, but no solutions. If there ain't no fix, does anyone have any
suggestions for a sound card?  Most of the HCLs that I've dug through
have recent posts of 2006, and I can't seem to find any of those in
todays market.