[ale] 300,000 failed login attempts in 6 months!!!

Reggie Euser reggie at busicast.com
Tue Aug 19 09:38:49 EDT 2008

Yesterday's security report from my servers showed a significant uptick in
break-in attempts from a larger-than-normal number of different IP's. Any
reason to think this might be some sort of new concerted effort?

Heard some sound-byte in the last week or so about cyber attacks related to
the Russia-Georgia dust up. Wondered whether this might be related?

BTW, I've been using bruteblock for a couple of months. Seems to work okay,
but haven't seen it mentioned here. Anyone have insights about it I should
know?