[ale] 300,000 failed login attempts in 6 months!!!

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Mon Aug 18 16:27:35 EDT 2008

Greg -

First, maybe you should feel flattered (as well as flattened)!

When I raised a similar question here, several ALErs suggested 'fail2ban'.
I have been very happy with it: easy setup and e-mailed messages.

Basically it watched logs and manipulates the firewall. It can
automatically relax the lockouts, too.

  - Mills