[ale] Major Hdwe upgrade foils LVM

hscast at charter.net hscast at charter.net
Sun Aug 17 21:39:28 EDT 2008

---- Brian Pitts <brian at polibyte.com> wrote:
> hscast at charter.net wrote:
> > Just for S&G I just tried running memtest and it's failing miserably. Anyone know of any issues with memtest on AMD 64 X2 chip with DDR2 DIMM?
>
> Memtest86+ 1.70 runs without as problem on my AM2 system. Try pulling
> RAM until you don't see any errors, then reinserting/retesting sticks
> one at a time.

> > The BIOS sees all 4GB and when I boot to Fedora 9 system recovery it reports about 4GB less for whatever.
Which board you got?
I've got the Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4
I've tried doing a new install onto my 250GB IDE PATA sdb. It hung during the formatting of one of the LVs. Since it seems that 4GB is an issue, I went ahead and removed one 2GB stick and tried it again. It hung at the same point. I was using that as a test before trying it on the existing system. As far as I know all hdwe is supported. Of course the HDDs were already being used. The install even recognized my new USB wireless trackball.