[ale] PSU replacement

Sean drifter at oppositelock.org
Fri Aug 15 14:45:56 EDT 2008

On Friday 15 August 2008 02:00:07 pm Chris Fowler wrote:
> Very easy.  Make sure you buy a PS that is rated for the amount of
> wattage you need.
> Also take your time!  No sense in rushing it.

Given the power supplies I have seen over the past few years, I would
suggest buying a power supply with at least 30% more rated output
that your system might draw if you loaded it up with hard drives and
whatever else catches your fancy.
In my limited experience too many power supplies do not reliably
generate their rated output.  Not for long, anyway.  And the ones that
do perform as advertised cost noticeably more than those that don't.

Sean