[ale] PSU replacement

Sean McNealy sean.mcnealy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 13:59:19 EDT 2008

It really is straightforward.

What could go wrong:
 You forget to unplug the power cord before using the screwdriver on parts.
(Your circuit breaker should save you from dying even if this happens.)
 Your case could be really old and designed for a larger form factor power
supply than people buy now.  Nothing a drill couldn't help with.
 You could push too hard when attaching the new cables to the motherboard
and break something.  Just be gentle and maybe support the board from the
back with something that won't damage it.

Will those probably go wrong?  No, but you challenged me to think of
something.  You'll find people were pretty good at standardizing the
connectors.  Your new power supply will probably have some extra ones you
can leave unconnected.

-Sean