[ale] cisco 2600 -> iptables?

Forsaken forsaken at targaryen.us
Wed Aug 13 06:34:54 EDT 2008

On Aug 12, 2008, at 9:47 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:

> Maybe it's just me and my twisted humor but..
>
> Cisco _actually_ makes a firewall with the model number of 2600?!?!?
>
> Maybe they have some funnier people in marketing than I thought.
>
> I have no idea how to extract Cisco rules to an iptables setup so if
> something is discovered, please share it here.

They do indeed, though you normally see them referenced by their full
model numbers, ie, 2610, 2611, 2620,2621,2620XM, and so on. And yeah,
it's fairly amusing, though probably just one of those cosmic
coincidences, since their previous access router line was the 2500
series, it was just a natural continuation.

What really starts to screw with you when dealing with Cisco series
numbers is when you run into crap like the 1720 series being newer
than the 2500 series and so on hehe, or even worse, in their
enterprise class switching line, the 4500 series being newer and a
hell of alot more robust than the 5500 series.