[ale] OT analog fax on comcast digital

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Mon Aug 11 12:32:51 EDT 2008

jtholmes wrote:
> A friend of mine purchased a Lexmark model # X5495
> printer, copier, fax etc. and the fax says to connect to
> a normal analog phone line.
> He has digital phone svc. from comcast and does
> not want to put in analog line at additional $$.
>
> Anyone have experience with analog to digital
> converter box (whatever) so he can use his fax on the
> comcast digital phone svc.
>
> thanks
> jt

We had the Charter Digital phone service and used our regular analog
phones and fax (HP All-in-One). The cable should go to a modem  that
converts digital to analog and I believe also the tone. It then plugged
into the house/apt phone wiring as a DED loop that was disconnected from
the outside. I thought that all cable cos used this method.