[ale] Running like a thin client after boot up in Xubuntu

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Thu Aug 7 19:40:13 EDT 2008

I have an older laptop, also recently donated to GOSEF, that works
reasonably well with Xubuntu using a PCMCIA card for Ethernet, so I went
ahead and installed it.  I'd really like to use it as a thin client
since one of the schools I did recently had a break-in and lost 4 of the
laptops I'd set up previously there as thin clients.  Is there an easy
way for me to have this laptop fully boot in Xubuntu while hanging off
the network switch that the K12LTSP server uses to feed the thin
clients, and then automatically launch a remote X session on the server
so it can run apps off the server like the other thin clients?

Thanks, Daniel