[ale] Untangle

Adrin adrin at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 2 12:02:47 EDT 2008

I have looked into Untangle a few times.  I don't think it has IPSEC.
That was the show stopper for me.  It looks great though.

 IPCOP has worked great for me, it has a transparent proxy and you can
download free blacklist.  A nice plus for those of us that have kids.
You can also stop all file downloads, access to sites via IP address and
so on. OpenVPN, SSL VPN, IPSEC for site to site.  Runs on cheap out
dated hardware.  Backup and restore WORKS!! Mine is on a 650Mhz machine
with 512Megs of RAM. I would like to change is a embedded box that uses
less power.  And it doesn't have the pretty graphs.