[ale] RAM and Harddrives

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Sun Apr 27 06:39:32 EDT 2008

On Saturday 26 April 2008, JK wrote:
> James Sumners wrote:

> > 2) RAM for that thing is going to be pricey. If memory serves, it will
> > be 72 pin SIMMs[1]. And you might have to install them in pairs. So
> > you wouldn't be able to install just one 128MB chip. You would have to
> > install two 128MB chips at the same time. I never had a PPro so I
> > can't say that for certain.
> >
> > [1] -- http://crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=8F6080A28C0EB3BE
>
> eBay might be worth a shot, as well.  Though you may have to buy five
> sticks to get two working ones.

Or possibly computer shows. Another problem the OP may encounter, RAM back
then was in diffrent densities. Had an old P1 200 that maxed out at 128MB,
yet I was never able to get it to see more than half of that. Tried various
combinations through the years and never succeeded. In most cases, other old
computers could see the full size so it was not like I was being sold
mis-labled stuff.

Poor old thing died about a year ago at about 11 years old! RIP <sniff>
--
William