[ale] RAM and Harddrives

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Sat Apr 26 23:45:53 EDT 2008

James Sumners wrote:
> 1) No, the limitation is with the BIOS. I'm going to guess here and
> say 120GB would be pushing it near the max for at least a single
> partition. It could be less.

Also his MB probably only supports PATA.  I haven't built a new machine
recently; can SATA drives be used with a PATA interface?
> 2) RAM for that thing is going to be pricey. If memory serves, it will
> be 72 pin SIMMs[1]. And you might have to install them in pairs. So
> you wouldn't be able to install just one 128MB chip. You would have to
> install two 128MB chips at the same time. I never had a PPro so I
> can't say that for certain.
>
> [1] -- http://crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=8F6080A28C0EB3BE

eBay might be worth a shot, as well.  Though you may have to buy five
sticks to get two working ones.

-- JK

--
I do not particularly want to go where the money is -
 it usually does not smell nice there. -- A. Stepanov