[ale] Setting up LAN with ATT Westel Modem

James Moore d2ove4deb at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 25 09:04:31 EDT 2008

Am finally trying a different route to get my laptop to print on a
Stylus C88+ attached to my Dell 4600 desktop.  Am following the
instructions in this how to on the Debian forums:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=10438&highlight=printing
Internet access is ATT Westel modem into a Netgear WGT624 router with
Desktop on LAN and Laptop on wireless.
Westel can be configured to either be PPPoE or Bridge Ethernet.  Does it
have to one or the other in order for me to successfully change from the
router being DHCP to having static addresses for the machines?

Jim