[ale] FCC says Comcast lied about traffic shaping

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Apr 24 15:18:46 EDT 2008

On Thursday 24 April 2008 13:26, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 9:30 AM, Watson, Keith R.
> <krwatson at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> > FCC says Comcast lied about traffic shaping
>
> There are (at least) two sides to this...
>
> 1) The FCC *needs* to look tough these days as Congress is eyeballing
> them.   A new administration is on the horizon, and FCC jobs must be
> preserved. ;-)

In other words, the FCC will have to resume doing the required work
of its charter by protecting the free speech rights of U.S. citizens from
the greed of sociopathic corporate monoliths and monopolies.

> 2) Given that Comcast is a huge, highly distributed, organization.  It
> makes sense (to me) that an executive testifying to the FCC in
> Washington D.C. probably doesn't really know what the Comcast
> engineers in Tulsa or Omaha are really doing or not doing.   It might
> just be possible that the intent was there to remove the traffic
> shaping, but the grunt engineers hadn't gotten the maintenance/change
> approval to actually remove the equipment.

We might be much more inclined to attribute the Commiecast corporate
lies to simple "oversight" if they had ever been the slightest bit forthright
with their customers or the public or the FCC about their bandwidth
choking abuses.  Ever since the Electronic Frontiers Foundation caught
Commiecast secretly cheating their customers the company has done nothing but
issue a long string of lies and denials and accusatory, fraudulent
justifications about their censorship activities.  The only "excuse" here is
that such endless lies are to be expected - as the foundation of all
marketing, fraud is integral to the nature of the corporate beast. It is in
their sociopathic self interests to lie, cheat, and steal - even spy, torture
and murder if the stakes are right - without any concern for the consequences
of their actions on anyone else anywhere. That is the operational requirement
on which the common totalitarian (aka communist) corporate charter is
founded.

...but I progress... ;-)

peace
aaron