[ale] Weird problem with Red Hat EL 5 on MacBook Pro

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Fri Apr 18 12:33:23 EDT 2008

I've recently purchased a MacBook Pro and successfully installed Fedora
8 using Boot Camp and refit.  I first tried to install Red Hat EL 5, but
kept getting hda errors.

Specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9300  @ 2.50GHz
2gig memory
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

Anyway, I finally was able to do a network install of RHEL 5 along side
my existing Fedora 8. Now I have two problems.

I continue to get hda errors:

hda: DMA interrupt recovery
lost interrupt
lost interrupt

But the worst problem is that keyboard input is extremely slow.  I can
type a whole line before I see the first character echoed back.  It's
like I'm connected remotely via a 110 baud modem.  Further, it's
extremely susceptible to duplicating keystrokes.  This makes it really
impossible to even use.  This happens both in X and at the console.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin