[ale] AT&T blocking 25 - Update

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Thu Apr 17 11:39:58 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 18:41 -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 18:15 -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
> > Brian Schenken wrote:
> > > Is that from trying the live script readers over the phone or that
> > > http://helpme.att.net/servabuse.php page?  A lot of folks claim it does the
> > > trick...

> > The link no longer works, it redirects to att.support. :(

> 	Works for me.  Just double checked it.  Maybe it's suddenly overloaded?

	As an experiment, I tried using this form, even though I don't need it
with my IPv6 connectivity.

	Filled in form with {My ID}@BellSouth.net
		(bellsouth.net from pulldown menu.)

	Result:

	1 Message from AT&T acknowledging request.
	1 Message from AT&T next day stating my ID was not valid.
		(bellsouth.net not listed as a valid domain.)
		Recommended calling AT&T tech support to add id.

	Call to AT&T tech support...  Oh, you're with BellSouth.  They are not
fully integrated yet, you will have to call them.

	Call to BellSouth tech support.  We can't do this unless you upgrade to
Business level.

	Complaint about discrepancy between AT&T and BellSouth logged with
manager.

	Net net...  No joy.  Doesn't work if you have an @bellsouth.net DSL id.
AT&T may do better once they are done consuming BellSouth but doesn't
look good until then.

	Mike