[ale] linux friendly isp for dsl

Jason Fritcher jkf at wolfnet.org
Tue Apr 15 00:22:50 EDT 2008

Smeadspam wrote:
> Now I'm working off AT&T who were surprisingly quick to get
> my number ported over. The only rub was the windows only registration
> that I had to go thru to get my username/pass into the backend RAS
> database. Sheesh!

AT&T surprised me last week with how fast they can provision an order. I
placed an order weekend before last for a voice line and a 6.0 DSL line.
When UPS got here mid-day Tuesday of last week with my modem, I was able
to plug it in and have it sync right up. Less than 2 business days to
provision a voice line and DSL on top of it and get me the modem.

For any Mac users here, I also discovered that their Install CD has a
Mac app on it to setup your username/pass and configure the modem. Was
nice because I could not file *ANY* information on how to do the
user/pass bit without the CD. :/

--
Jason Fritcher
jkf at wolfnet.org