[ale] Speed Factory is back up

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 19:52:46 EDT 2008

I don't feel bad about leaving them. When they were purchased a couple
years ago their decline was steady, and, I would argue, not slow. This
past weekend was a clear example of what the company has become. As is
widely known, they lost a lot of money over the weekend, and are sure
to lose more in the coming days. They were already in financial
trouble (according to their SEC filings). What was once a great thing
has come to a crashing end.

This email was sent via an Atlantic Nexus connection. They promised it
would be active Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday morning at the latest,
and it was connected about noon Monday. That's the kind of service
Speedfactory used to provide. Now Speedfactory can't even forward
their VoIP connection to off-site phones when they lose their
(single!) connection. Hell, I still received voicemail on my VoIP line
during this fiasco, and I'm not a major ISP.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59