[ale] AT&T fiber service?

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Mon Apr 14 14:33:33 EDT 2008

Jeffrey B. Layton wrote:
> Afternoon sports fans,
>
> We're got AT&T people coming through the neighborhood (Roswell) to
> talk to us about their fiber service. I'm currently a charter customer
> (extremely unhappy BTW) but I loathe BellSouth and have no desire
> to switch back to them. So is AT&T really the old Bellsouth? Does
> anyone have experience with this?

As I understand it, you can only get 1.5M with fiber.  That might help
you decide.

As far as who you're dealing with, I don't think it much matters whether
they call themselves Bellsouth, AT&T or SBC.  Personally, you're dealing
with (as they say in the commercials..) the Big Old Phone Company.

My personal experiences:

1. Most of the folks you talk to on the phone don't have a clue and are
generally difficult to understand.  Although, I did speak to one young
lady who was in Florida.

2. The techs that have come to my house knew what they were doing.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin