[ale] Can't boot from CD on Dell X200

BBBB brad.list at thingbuilder.com
Wed Apr 9 00:16:38 EDT 2008

My apologies if this question is too windows related.

I am trying to set up a dual boot on my Dell X200.
The machine will boot fine to install ubuntu and will boot with knoppix.
I have installed the Hardy Heron beta and left a partition for a dual boot.
It will not boot with xp,2000,98 installation cds. It will not boot from a
win95 floppy but if I put in a bad disk it reports that it isn't a
system disk
so it must be reading something. Virtual box or vmware may be in my
future but I would like to have the option of a dual boot.
The CD/DVD and floppy drives are in a media dock and not built into the
laptop but seem to be working fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bradley