[ale] error booting XP after dual boot install of Ubuntu 7.10

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Tue Apr 8 21:52:11 EDT 2008

James Taylor wrote:
> It's not open source, but I'd recommend Moneydance.  I guess it
> depends on how extensively he uses the advanced features. -jt

Actually, he says the data he entered will only take him a few minutes
to reenter, seems like he just started using it, so I downloaded GNUCash
and we're playing with it now, and he says it looks great.

Would still like to know how I FU'd his Win XP...should I have used a
(groan) windows partitioner (e.g. PartitionMagic) to partition his win
NTFS drive first, then installed Ubuntu?  May have to try this again
sometime...

Daniel