[ale] Another possibly interesting volunteer thing

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Tue Apr 8 07:53:55 EDT 2008

Jim Kinney wrote:
> I encourage everyone with an interest in science and education to
> participate in any way they can. These events get national coverage and the
> students are truly outstanding.  Google is a prime sponsor of this and just
> put out the call for volunteers today internally. I am hoping I can be one
> of the grand judges.
>
> There is a smaller event (not at this same time) called Science Olympiad
> that involves activities from 4th grade through 12th grade. If people have
> an afternoon a week, pick a school and go volunteer as a coach. It's better
> than basketball and the kids really have a blast.

I have to chime in here as well.  My daughter participated in Science
Olympiad/Invention Convention her full time in elementary school.  She
walked away with 4th in Cobb County for her 'invention' in Kindergarten.
  Even at that young age, it made a lasting impression on her.  As a
Junior in high school, she still talks about it and the impact it had on
her.

If you can participate in any way, you'll never forget the experience.
You'll find yourself coming away with more then you give.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin