[ale] ??Recomendations for new wireless router??

Jamey Owens vindir at comcast.net
Fri Apr 4 17:57:19 EDT 2008

My current favorite when picking up yet another router I don't really need
is the Asus WL500G Premium.  You can pick one of these up pretty easily from
newegg.  The Asus is one of the best pieces of hardware available right now
for openwrt with 8mb flash and 32mb ram, 2 usb switches and serial hookups
onboard.  Only downside there is that the stock firmware isn't very high
quality.  If you really want the standard home router options along with the
ability to have a good firmware overload whenever you decide to jump in the
boat there is always the wrt54gl though it doesn't have nearly as nice specs
with 4mb/16mb.  If cost is no objection and you want it all there is the
wrtsl54gs which is pretty much the same spec as the asus for a 30-40 dollar
premium.

If none of this sounds good, might be worth browsing through the listings
available at http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Hardware to see which
routers have been built to run stable with kamakazie and/or whiterussian.

-JO