[ale] wireless card

David Tomaschik ozone at webgroup.org
Wed Sep 26 23:38:56 EDT 2007

Brian Pitts wrote:
> Unfortunately, sometimes cards that do have native drivers perform
> better with ndiswrapper. My one experience with this was a
> broadcom-based card that crawled at 30KBps with the native linux
> driver + the firmware cut from a windows driver, then shot up to
> 300KBps with ndiswrapper + the windows driver.
>
> -Brian
I hate broadcom cards.  I am wondering what makes them so hard to write
an open driver for (or rather, to improve the driver for).  Anyone know
of a good source for replacement minipci cards?  (i.e., intel).  I'd
love to get rid of the broadcom in my Dell.

--
David Tomaschik
Moderator, LinuxQuestions.org