[ale] wireless card

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 22:20:08 EDT 2007

I shy away from the ndiswrapper stuff. In my limited trials, it is
unstable and resource intensive. I much prefer a wireless card that
has a native driver; even if that driver requires a closed firmware to
be loaded. E.G. the SMC 2802W. It _is_ difficult to find a card that
will work natively. But it is well worth the effort in my opinion.

It will be easier to find a USB wireless adapter. They are the most
common, other than PCMCIA, now. The problem is that they might not get
as good of a reception as a PCI card with a full antenna.

I know that newegg.com has one of the Netgear USB devices listed on
the prism54 site.