[ale] cross compiling kernel

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Sep 24 14:07:48 EDT 2007

I need to compile a kernel for Intel P4 machines (and newer) on a machine
with an AMD64 processor.

After reading the make-kpkg man page, I think I should be able to type
something like:

make-kpkg --arch=i386 --cross_compile=i386 kernel_image modules_image

It doesn't seem to like the  --arch and --cross_compile options. I've been
googling for a howto but haven't found any. Anybody have a link to a good
cross compiling howto?

--
John Heim
jheim at math.wisc.edu / 608-263-4189