[ale] Script to send email with attachments

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 14:47:46 EDT 2007

Well, it gets tricky. I don't know if your specified clients support
scripting. So the only thing I can think of is a shell script, but
that means encoding the attachments yourself. It would probably be
easiest to do it in Perl. Here is an example --
http://www.akadia.com/services/email_attachments_using_perl.html .

Personally, I wouldn't want to receive a flood of emails just to get
some pictures. I would prefer to have a link sent to me. I.E. put the
pictures in a zip file and host it somewhere just long enough for the
recipient to download it.

Or, if that is too confusing, something like this might be useful --
http://smoothgallery.jondesign.net/showcase/gallery/ .

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/