[ale] Script to send email with attachments

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Sun Sep 23 12:44:03 EDT 2007

I went and stuck my foot in "it" again, and volunteered to
be computer geeky so I can learn something new. Which would
be fine except I'm not quite finding the clues (yet) in a
web search.

The task is to send a number (close to 80) jpg pictures to
a yahoo mail account by email. My usual email clients are
pine & balsa running on an older Fedora Core install.
Sending onesy twosy attachments with either client is a
nobrain task, but I would rather script a task with fourty
times the attachments. Obviously, I'm not aware of a way to
script either client.

I've got notes hiding somewhere in my mess which should
give a python solution, but at the moment I'd rather
something in bash.

Any ideas? Help?

Thanks in advance