[ale] Source-level debugging from Source-Navigator

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Fri Sep 21 11:16:39 EDT 2007

All -

I've been using 'emacs' and 'gdb' to debug some multi-threaded, native
Linux C/C++ code and that works fine when I know which source files I
need to play with.

I also use Source-Navigator ('S-N') as a code browser/analyzer and can
build my executable just fine there, too. (I know, I know, but SlickEdit
costs $$ and S-N basically works for me.)

I haven't figured out how to start and use a source-level debugger from
S-N. I know it should be possible to use 'gdb' or one of its GUI
front-ends from S-N ('Insight', 'DDD' - I guess, ...), but I haven't found
the magic yet to step from editing and building to debugging.

TIA for any words of wisdom on this.

Best regards.
 - Mills