[ale] LUG at GT Installfest - Sept. 22, 11am-5pm

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Thu Sep 20 21:22:06 EDT 2007

Ryan Curtin wrote:
> Hey ALErs,
>
> I figured that this list might appreciate this, in spite of the rather
> short notice.  I meant to send this earlier this week... or perhaps last
> week... oops.
>
> ---
>
> The Linux Users Group at Georgia Tech presents InstallFest 34!
>
> When:   Saturday, September 22nd, 2007, 11:00am - 5:00pm
>
> Where:  Skiles Building, Room 257
>
> What:   The Linux Users Group at Georgia Tech will be sponsoring a Linux
>         InstallFest on Saturday, Sept. 22nd.  You can get Linux
>         questions answered, get Linux installed for free on a computer,
>         troubleshoot Linux problems, and meet other local Linux users.
>         Attendance is free, and refreshments will be provided.

> A map to find the Skiles building can be found at
>         http://www.gtalumni.org/campusmap/bldngmodel.html?id=2
>
> For more information on what Linux is, how to prepare your system for an
> InstallFest, and more, visit the LUG at GT website:
>         http://www.lugatgt.org/
>
> Hope to see you there!
>
> Ryan Curtin
> President, Linux Users Group at Georgia Tech
> ryan at igglybob.com

Also on short notice, this Saturday is OneWebDay.

http://onewebday.org/

"The Web is worth celebrating.

OneWebDay is one day a year when we all - everyone around the physical
globe - can celebrate the Web and what it means to us as individuals,
organizations, and communities.

As with Earth Day - an inspiration and model for OneWebDay - it?s up to
the celebrants to decide how to celebrate. We encourage all
celebrations! Collaboration, connection, creativity, freedom.

By the end of the day, the Web should be just a little bit better than
it was before, and we?ll be able to see our connection to it more clearly."

-Brian