[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: [ale] Iceweasel & flash]]

Andy Whitten pilarlosada at comcast.net
Wed Sep 19 19:38:28 EDT 2007

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 September 2007 22:21, you wrote:
>
>>> ok, so I got Firefox installed, but my plugins were.... defunct. They
>>> wouldn't do anything, and I couldn't delete/uninstall/save preferences.
>>> I had to stop firefox, rename /home/MY_LOGIN/.mozilla to something else,
>>> restart mozilla and start over. Of course I had saved my bookmarks and
>>> just imported them back. At least now forecastfox and coolIris work!!!!!!
>>> I don't understand why the plugins stopped working. In my previous
>>> openSUSE 10.2 install I had firefox 2.0 working fine.  Since my /home is
>>> separate from "/" I was able to reload and still have my browser setup
>>> intact. but iceweasel must have foogled it.. whatever.
>>> thanks for the link, this is great! I'm still hald tempted to reload with
>>> the new Ubuntu DELL branded 7.04 CD, but I know my wife is tired of me
>>> fooling with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>
>>> later,
>>>

>> Do you the  Deb Multimedia Repository installed?  You may be able to
>> find the
>>
>> libstdc++5  in there.
>>

> I got it all worked out. What I had to do was remove the .mozila folder (
> rename, to keep it) then restarted firefox. Now my plugins were all gone.
> Then I was able to install them and they worked. So now I have real firefox
> 2.0.0.6 and forecastfox works.
>
> It's the little things:)

I am delighted it worked out for you.  I  know the whole saga of why
Iceweasle is there, but I am not Richard S. I like Firefox.  By the way,
I got an update today to Firefox 2.0.0.7 on my wife's Mac, but I haven't
heard a  peep from my Debian box about the upgrade. Have you been
prompted to upgrade to the latest and greatest Firefox?

Regards,

Andy